|Dear readers and editors!
Gamepedia has joined forces with Fandom and we are considering to archive the We Happy Few Wiki on Gamepedia on May 6th, 2020, unless there are valid objections against that process. Please use the discussion page on the Community Portal to bring up your concerns or talk to your Wiki Manager.
Please join We Happy Few Wiki on Fandom!
Pre-Alpha Build 13
|Pre-Alpha Build 13|
World[edit | edit source]
- Smaller world.
- New building generation system is in, meaning that the Village and Garden District are more densely packed. This should also mean no more missing bridges.
- Massive art upgrade to the Garden District. No, really. Literally everything in the Garden District has changed.
- Garden District buildings now have gardens! Finally. It's like we weren't even trying before.
- The train station is back, temporarily. Good luck getting in!
- Village security systems have been upgraded - be careful.
- There may be some useful loot in the Village safe house.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Improved tutorial/intro experience.
- 5 new encounters! These are the first "real" encounters that show what level of complexity we're aiming for.
- Manuals have been added! These allow you to permanently modify some built in stats, like your stamina regeneration and stealthiness. These do not persist across playthroughs.
- New "second chance" mechanic. This will be a more forgiving alternative to permadeath, where instead of dying outright, you are given a chance to recover.
UI[edit | edit source]
- New HUD! The needs system (including health) has changed, and is now represented by different icons at the top left of the screen. We now have location text letting you know where you are, and a suspicious icon will pop up when you're breaking the rules.
- You now have a status screen! The ? screen in the player menu has now been activated, and can tell you all about what kind of state you're in. Keep in mind that the art for the player menu is still placeholder.
Performance[edit | edit source]
- Improved optimization for low end machines. We need to review the default settings for Low - Ultra, but all settings should be improved from previous update.
- Load times have been improved, but this is mostly a consequence of the smaller map. We are doing work in the background on improving this for the main map.